From the Live Recession Proof Christian Business Training Series
Today, I begin a series of articles on How to make a 6 figure income Writing and Publishing your own book. At the outset, I want to say that I am embracing this endeavor for reasons that you may not have thought about.
There was a time when I thought, I would like to write a book someday, with the hope and dream of selling 1000′s of copies of my book and making it a “NY Times Bestseller”.
My motivations for writing and publishing have since changed. Research and experience has taught me that though it is possible to sell 1000′s of copies of a book – and many authors do – most authors, self published or otherwise, never sell more than 10,000 copies. If you do the math, there is not much money to be made in selling 10,000 copies of any book.
So why write a book?
Some basic reasons for publishing your own book are:
- It is one of the easiest ways to Supplement or replace your income
- It is a skillful way to grow any business
- It is a simple way to develop a massive product & service line
- It is a natural way to Sell lots of products
- It is a effortless way to Promote your services
- It is a practical way to Live Recession-Proof Now!
During my many years as a Business Growth & Marketing Specialist, I have met hundreds of aspiring authors with dreams of one day writing a book. This should not be a surprise. Almost everyone has a desire to write and expose something to the world.
Unfortunately, for most of these aspiring authors the desire to write and publish a book never moves from aspiration to motivation and then a completed project.
There are many reasons for the gap between knowing or desiring and doing. For insight into the human dilemma of “knowing and doing”, take a look at my article series entitled “Knowledge is Power – Debunked!”
Without getting into Psycho babble or giving the impression that I am smarter than I am, one of the ways to conquer complacency, procrastination and slothfulness – one of the reasons for the “gap” between knowing and doing – is to uncover or discover a big enough WHY.
A big WHY is what moves individuals from a wish or want, to getting things done!
It was a big why that motivated Thomas Edison to launch 14 companies, including General Electric, and persevere through 1000′s of disappointments to eventually develop the patent that improved on the light bulb and provide it for home use.
During the next few articles, I will provide some of my “why’s” for writing and publishing books. I hope they provide you the incentive you need to persevere or get started and Live Recession-Proof Now!
10 Benefits of Writing & Publishing your own Book!
- Writing and Book Publishing – is a good way to supplement your income.
- Writing and Book Publishing – one of the easiest and best ways to sell products & services!
- Writing and Book Publishing – provides instant credibility!
- Writing and Book Publishing – provides a platform for speaking engagements.
- Writing and Book Publishing – positions you as an authority, leader or expert in your field!
- Writing and Book Publishing – provides content for speaking opportunities!
- Writing and Book Publishing – provides material to create passive income!
- Writing and Book Publishing – justifies higher speaking & coaching fees!
- Writing and Book Publishing – provides content for coaching and consulting programs!
- Writing and Book Publishing – justifies higher coaching or consulting fees!
If I were to give this more thought, I am sure I could provide another 10 benefits.
Hopefully you will find an incentive here for you to continue reading.
If you are new to Book Writing or Book Publishing, the link below will provide you a wealth of FREE information.
If you are a Book Publisher or desire to be, this is a great place and way to get started! Check out this link: So you want to write a book?
Be on the lookout for my new website: Write 12 Books in 12 Months. Here you will learn how to write a “quality” book in 30 days.
You will also be able to follow my crazy vision and undertaking to write 12 books in 12 months and blog about it daily. I must be crazy! Well I guess, just a little!
Your feedback is desired and welcomed!